If you can afford to fund organzations defending our freedoms, here are ideas of where to give:
- NARAL – National organization advocating for and providing comprehensive information on reproductive rights.
- Planned Parenthood – delivering vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of women, men, and young people worldwide.
- ACLU – works to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States.
- Common Cause – a nonpartisan grassroots organization dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy. We work to create open, honest, and accountable government that serves the public interest; promote equal rights, opportunity, and representation for all; and empower all people to make their voices heard in the political process.
- ProgressNow – developed a network of state partner organizations to fill a unique and critical role in the progressive infrastructure of key states. ProgressNow State Partners serve as non-stop, multi-issue advocacy organizations. Year-round, we promote progressive ideas and causes with creative earned media strategies, targeted email campaigns, and cutting-edge new media. Working with our allies, we have significantly improved the communications effort of the entire progressive community in our states.
– Colorado Chapter
- Southern Poverty Law Center – organization that combats hate, intolerance and discrimination through education and litigation.
- The Climate Reality Project – With fossil fuels driving a climate crisis around the world, it’s time to speak up as one planet. Join former Vice President Al Gore for Hours of Reality: Be the Voice of Reality, celebrating the climate activism happening all around the planet and calling on each of us to make a difference.
- Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee – Committed to Electing a Democratic Senate
- Sierra Club – the nation’s largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization
- The Nature Conservancy – the leading conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people.
- National Park Service – charged with the trust of preserving the natural resources of America.
- The United State of Women – Lace up your boots and come together in a united front. Now more than ever, we have to raise our voices, take action, and empower the movement. Join us.
- Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense – created to demand action from legislators, state and federal; companies; and educational institutions to establish common-sense gun reforms.
- Movimiento Cosecha is dedicated to winning permanent protection, dignity, and respect for the 11 million undocumented people in the United States. They’re organizing sanctuary spaces and teams that can respond quickly to raids, detentions, and deportation crises in the short run, and to dramatically change the conversation about immigration in the long run. We have to defend the “Dreamers” now, but the efforts of Movimiento Cosecha are critical to achieving the long-term immigration reform we need for the entire community. Donate here.
- Make a donation to organizations that fight discrimination against transgender people, like Lambda Legal, National Center for Transgender Equality, Silvia Rivera Law Project, or one of these groups.
- BoldeReach – working with Native American Women (this is the group that provided all the volunteer assistance for the buses to the Denver Women’s March)
- Boulder Valley Women’s Health – providing reproductive and sexual health care, including family planning and gynecological services
- Impact Locally – centered around the concept that each action creates a ripple effect. We believe that by helping someone you begin to change their perceptions of the world, the way they treat others, and their willingness and desire to pay it forward and repeat the effect. MAKE A DIFFERENCE TODAY! NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL TAKE ACTION AND WATCH THE RIPPLE!!
- El Comité de Longmont – a grassroots nonprofit focused on improving social justice, education and the economic status of Latino and non-Latino people throughout Longmont and Boulder County.
- One Colorado – working together for a fair and just Colorado
- Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition – http://www.ccdconline.org/about/history
- Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition – http://coloradoimmigrant.org/
- Hunger Free Colorado – http://www.hungerfreecolorado.org/
- Facing History – https://www.facinghistory.org/about-us/offices/denver-rocky-mountain-states