THE 2018 ELECTION IS JUST THE START!
Take the POWER by VOTING
and participating in the election process –
volunteer and support candidates
who represent your values…
POWER TO THE POLLS 2019 AND 2020!!!
Governors – KY, LA, MS
Legislatures – LA, MS, VA, NJ
Special Elections – PA12, KS Senator, others TBD
The BIG ONE!!!
We are entering one of the most critical times in our nation’s history – INSIST, RESIST, PERSIST.
SPEAK OUT ABOUT THE ISSUES THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU!!
Another TOTALLY insane month featuring the DC Reality Show!!
Thank goodness for the work you did to produce this:
SOTU 2019 – Women in White steal the show!!! GOP – Men in Black
16 Democratic Women Representatives
13 Republican Women Representatives
89 Democratic Women Representatives
13 Republican Women Representatives
In the Colorado Legislature: Already moving on laws for gun safety, fair wages, comprehensive sex education, oil & gas regulation, national popular vote…and more.
A few calendar items:
SATURDAY, MARCH 2, 2019 – STOP THE FAKE EMERGENCY
Write postcard to Sen. Gardner TO VOTE YES ON THE CASTRO RESOLUTION PASSED IN THE HOUSE. It clearly states that Trump’s emergency declaration is terminated because there is no crisis on the border.
9 AM in the Frasier Meadows Assembly Room 4th Floor. Frasier Indivisibles will provide postcards and stamps. Bring a pen.
If you can’t make the postcard party, CALL Cory Gardner (855) 971-2329 OR email him at https://www.gardner.senate.gov/contact-cory/email-cory
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 6, 2019 – GET DARK MONEY OUT OF POLITICS
As part of International Women’s Day activities (See March 8), Women Powering Change Wednesday, March 6th, 4:00-7:30 at EXDO in Denver.
FRIDAY, MARCH 8, 2019 – INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
World Denver is holding a luncheon and seminar. Groups all over Colorado are holding events focusing on women during March 2-10. If you have an even, contact Channel 4. They will put the event on their website calendar and promote it on their news programs. More info here: https://worlddenver.org/International_Women_s_Day
FRIDAY, MARCH 15, 2019 – NATIONAL SCHOOL STRIKE FOR THE CLIMATE
With the support of some of the world’s biggest environmental groups, tens of thousands of kids in at least two dozen countries and nearly 30 U.S. states plan to skip school to protest.
Their demands are uncompromising: Nations must commit to cutting fossil-fuel emissions in half in the next 10 years to avoid catastrophic global warming. And their message is firm: Kids are done waiting for adults to save their world.
The protests have really taken off in parts of Europe and Australia with hundreds of thousands of students striking in the past two months alone…now it comes to the US.
YOU DID THIS!!!!
COLORADO’S BLUE LEGISLATURE
WOMEN IN THE HOUSE
- In Colorado, Democrats swept ALL the statewide races: Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, State Treasure, CU regent at large..That is HUGE! In Colorado it wasn’t a blue wave it was a Blue Tsunami!
- The election of Jared Polis to the governorship, Jason Crow to Congress, Democrats to all three other constitutional offices — in addition to flipping the state Senate and holding the House — has turned Colorado bluer than it’s been since 1936.
- Jason Crowe flipped a red seat blue by beating the previously unbeatable 5 term US congressman Mike Coffman by a comfortable margin.
- While Karen McCormick, Diane Mitsch Bush and Stephany Spaulding lost their races for US Congress in traditional Republican strongholds, they out performed previous elections by tens of thousands of votes each playing a crucial role in helping the Dems sweep the other state races!
- In the Colorado State Senate the Republicans previously held a one seat majority 18-17 (continually blocking Democratic bills) then came the Fab 5 (Rep. Jessie Danielson, Rep. Faith Winter, Sen. Kerry Donovan, Rep. Brittany Pettersen, and Tammy Story), five great women running to win back the majority…they all won! Democrats now have a 19-16 majority.
- The Democrats now have a Colorado State Trifecta, controlling the Governorship, State Senate & State House (where the Dems also picked up several seats)
- Passage of Amendments Y & Z. This is a game changing accomplishment for Colorado, creating a model that states all across the U.S. can follow to increase fairness and competitiveness in elections and to help get rid of gerrymandering!
- As an added bonus – Gardner (and an unidentified CU Regent) Are Now The Lone Republicans Holding Statewide Office in Colorado
Celebrate this historic moment in Colorado politics!
AND Nationally, the average age of Congress will now be a DECADE younger, thanks to the fabulous candidates elected at the midterms!!
ALWAYS REMEMBER, there is really no such thing as “not voting.” If you do not cast a ballot, you are effectively “voting” to allow other people to make decisions for you without YOUR input.
If you don’t want the president described below, keep working to elect intelligent, inclusive, upstanding candidates!!
“I do try, and I always want to tell the truth. When I can, I tell the truth.” the president of the United States.
And don’t forget about healthcare, immigration, women’s rights, climate change, criminal justice, sane gun laws, dark money in campaign finance, voter suppression, gerrymandering, etc. Our newly elected Congress MUST work on these critical issues.
Call, write, tweet, facebook, text, show up and let your representatives know what is important to you!!
JUST IN CASE: There are active discussions at the White House about firing Mueller and/or Rosenstein. If this happens, hundreds of thousands of people will instantly rally at hundreds of Rapid Response actions organized by Nobody is Above the Law, a coalition of many groups, spearheaded by MoveOn. See below to sign up for one of these events (they are occurring in Boulder, Denver, Longmont, and other CO locations). If you choose to attend an event, you agree to engage in nonviolent, peaceful action, to act lawfully, and to strive to de-escalate any potential confrontations with those who may disagree with these values.
Hosted by Kenneth N. Geof C. Lani C. william C. Ira L. Bruce N. Wendy R. Katherine F. Pearl Street Mall, old Boulder County Courthouse, Boulder, CO 80302
Trump is considering firing special counsel Robert Mueller. But nobody is above the law. If Trump fires Mueller, we need to be ready to assemble and express our opposition to this outrage. Sign up and be ready to assemble on short notice.
Sign up to Attend
Hosted by Kathy P. Jaymi D. Michael B. Ira C. Nancy M.
6th and Main, Longmont, CO 80501
Rapid Response! to protest Trump’s firing of special counsel.
Sign up to Attend
Hosted by Jessica Z. Katherine F.
Colorado State Capitol, Denver, CO 80203
If Trump fires Mueller, we need to be ready to assemble and express our opposition to this outrage. The following are the red lines, which if crossed, could trigger the call for national actions, communicated by national partners to hosts: 1.) Firing Mueller 2.) Pardons of key witnesses 3.) Actions that would prevent the investigation from being conducted freely, such as replacing Mueller’s current supervisor, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, or repealing the regulations establishing the office. In the case of a Mueller firing, please assume the plan has been engaged and events will be triggered nationally. In the event of key pardons, a change in Rosenstein’s relationship to the investigation, or other scenarios, a national coalition will decide as rapidly as possible whether it believes the red line has been crossed sufficient to communicate a national call to action. In such cases, local hosts are encouraged to look for notice of national decisions from MoveOn in SMS and email, but to feel empowered to proceed locally as they see fit.