IT DOESN’T END WITH THE
THAT IS JUST THE START!
Take the power
from VOTING and participating in the
Denver Women’s Marches, March for Life (reproductive rights), March for Science, March for Education, March for Taxes, March for Our Lives (guns), March for Keeping Families Together?
and DO IT ALL AGAIN…
POWER TO THE POLLS 2020!!!
We are entering one of the most critical times in our nation’s history – INSIST, RESIST, PERSIST…and remember: Preserve Yourself to Preserve The Country…this is a marathon, not a sprint.
This site is provided as a tool for staying engaged related to supporting a progressive agenda for our nation. A calendar of local ACTIONS with a NATIONAL focus is shown below.
SPEAK OUT ABOUT THE ISSUES THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU!!
Friday, November 16, 2018 – Cities, Ecosystems & Climate Change, Facing Threats, Growing Opportunities. A summit presented by the City of Boulder and the CU Sustainability, Energy and Environment Center (4001 Discovery Drive, Boulder, CO 80303). Join a gathering of local citizens, scientists, public officials and non-profits to explore emerging ecosystem threats and how we can coordinate efforts to respond most effectively. If interested, contact Brett KenCairn at kencairnb at bouldercolorado dot gov. For more information: BoulderColorado.gov/Climate/Ecosystems
Saturday, November 17, 2018 – By 2050 there will be more plastics than fish in the ocean – UNLESS WE CHANGE THE COURSE WE’RE ON. People are rallying around the world in protest of plastic waste that ends up as pollution in rivers, oceans, and soil. The negative impacts of this waste on marine life are well-documented, and human health is likely at risk as well. How can you help protect people, animals, and the planet from the scourge of plastic waste? There’s no one simple answer, but Eco-Cycle will be bringing a slew of solutions your way during our Reduce Your Plastic Use Challenge! Eco-Cycle will help you reduce or eliminate common plastic items from your life and stay motivated with simple tips and hacks to help you break free from plastic!
Take the challenge and learn:
- What happens to plastic after it is used
- The most sustainable alternatives to plastic
- Where and how to shop plastic-free
- Alternatives to products that seem to be only sold in plastic packaging
- How to take your commitment to a low-plastic lifestyle further
- Bold moves communities around the world are taking
- …and more!
Sunday, November 18, 2018 – Check out: http://endcitizensunited.org – End Citizens United is a Political Action Committee funded by grassroots donors. We are dedicated to countering the disastrous effects of Citizens United and reforming our campaign finance system.
Also, MOVETOAMEND.ORG – focused on helping end Citizens United. We’d like to point out that the Citizens United decision is not the cause, it is a symptom of the systemic problem of the Courts extending constitutional rights under the 1st, 4th, 5th, 14th Amendments to corporations. That is why, Move To Amend, is trying to revert the many other Supreme Court rulings that precede it with House Joint Resolution 48.
- Find a list of cosponsors of House Joint Resolution 48, along with a description of the bill, HERE.
- Join the national coalition by initiating or joining an affiliate group in your area.
- Learn how to get started by reading our take action toolkit HERE…and read our affiliate process HERE.
- For more information on affiliate groups: https://movetoamend.org/map/groups
Monday, November 19, 2018 – Start of Legislative recess. Demand TOWN HALLs from your MoCs!! Nov 19 – Nov 23 State Work Period Thanksgiving – Nov 22
Tuesday, November 20, 2018 – Don’t forget about the need for SANE GUN LAWS! The ONLY WAY to fix this is to VOTE!!! Work to vote NRA supported candidates out of EVERY office they hold! Visit these sites listed below for more information.
- Americans for Responsible Solutions Gabrielle Gifford’s organization the addresses urban gun violence
- Every town for Gun safety You can find out about the strength of your state’s gun lows and identity gaps
- Mom’s demand action for gun sense in America Demand action for State and Federal legislators, companies and education institutions to establish common sense gun reforms
- Violence Policy Center Research, Investigation, Analysis and Advocacy for a Safer America
- Center for American Progress for ERPO Colorado tried to pass a Red Flag Law to allow family, friends, colleagues, etc. to contact law enforcement for confiscation of weapons if the person is deemed to be a danger to themselves or others. Republicans voted the law down.
The GOP has been working for MANY years to take over state houses and judicial positions. We have just started the first step to take the power back!
We are in one of the most critical times in our nation’s history – INSIST, RESIST, PERSIST…and remember: Preserve Yourself to Preserve The Country…this is a marathon, not a sprint.
- In Colorado, Democrats swept ALL the statewide races: Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, State Treasure, CU regent at large..That is HUGE! In Colorado it wasn’t a blue wave it was a Blue Tsunami!
- The election of Jared Polis to the governorship, Jason Crow to Congress, Democrats to all three other constitutional offices — in addition to flipping the state Senate and holding the House — has turned Colorado bluer than it’s been since 1936.
- Jason Crowe flipped a red seat blue by beating the previously unbeatable 5 term US congressman Mike Coffman by a comfortable margin.
- While Karen McCormick, Diane Mitsch Bush and Stephany Spaulding lost their races for US Congress in traditional Republican strongholds, they out performed previous elections by tens of thousands of votes each playing a crucial role in helping the Dems sweep the other state races!
- In the Colorado State Senate the Republicans previously held a one seat majority 18-17 (continually blocking Democratic bills) then came the Fab 5 (Rep. Jessie Danielson, Rep. Faith Winter, Sen. Kerry Donovan, Rep. Brittany Pettersen, and Tammy Story), five great women running to win back the majority…they all won! Democrats now have a 19-16 majority.
- The Democrats now have a Colorado State Trifecta, controlling the Governorship, State Senate & State House (where the Dems also picked up several seats)
- Passage of Amendments Y & Z. This is a game changing accomplishment for Colorado, creating a model that states all across the U.S. can follow to increase fairness and competitiveness in elections and to help get rid of gerrymandering!
- As an added bonus – Gardner (and an unidentified CU Regent) Are Now The Lone Republicans Holding Statewide Office in Colorado
Celebrate this historic moment in Colorado politics!
AND Nationally, the average age of Congress will now be a DECADE younger, thanks to the fabulous candidates elected at the midterms!!
ALWAYS REMEMBER, there is really no such thing as “not voting.” If you do not cast a ballot, you are effectively “voting” to allow other people to make decisions for you without YOUR input.
If you don’t want the president described below, keep working to elect intelligent, inclusive, upstanding candidates!!
“I do try, and I always want to tell the truth. When I can, I tell the truth.” the president of the United States.
And don’t forget about healthcare, immigration, women’s rights, climate change, criminal justice, sane gun laws, dark money in campaign finance, etc. Our newly elected Congress MUST work on these critical issues.
Call, write, tweet, facebook, text, show up and let your representatives know what is important to you!!
JUST IN CASE: There are active discussions at the White House about firing Mueller and/or Rosenstein. If this happens, hundreds of thousands of people will instantly rally at hundreds of Rapid Response actions organized by Nobody is Above the Law, a coalition of many groups, spearheaded by MoveOn. See below to sign up for one of these events (they are occurring in Boulder, Denver, Longmont, and other CO locations). If you choose to attend an event, you agree to engage in nonviolent, peaceful action, to act lawfully, and to strive to de-escalate any potential confrontations with those who may disagree with these values.
Hosted by Kenneth N. Geof C. Lani C. william C. Ira L. Bruce N. Wendy R. Katherine F. Pearl Street Mall, old Boulder County Courthouse, Boulder, CO 80302
Trump is considering firing special counsel Robert Mueller. But nobody is above the law. If Trump fires Mueller, we need to be ready to assemble and express our opposition to this outrage. Sign up and be ready to assemble on short notice.
Sign up to Attend
Hosted by Kathy P. Jaymi D. Michael B. Ira C. Nancy M.
6th and Main, Longmont, CO 80501
Rapid Response! to protest Trump’s firing of special counsel.
Sign up to Attend
Hosted by Jessica Z. Katherine F.
Colorado State Capitol, Denver, CO 80203
If Trump fires Mueller, we need to be ready to assemble and express our opposition to this outrage. The following are the red lines, which if crossed, could trigger the call for national actions, communicated by national partners to hosts: 1.) Firing Mueller 2.) Pardons of key witnesses 3.) Actions that would prevent the investigation from being conducted freely, such as replacing Mueller’s current supervisor, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, or repealing the regulations establishing the office. In the case of a Mueller firing, please assume the plan has been engaged and events will be triggered nationally. In the event of key pardons, a change in Rosenstein’s relationship to the investigation, or other scenarios, a national coalition will decide as rapidly as possible whether it believes the red line has been crossed sufficient to communicate a national call to action. In such cases, local hosts are encouraged to look for notice of national decisions from MoveOn in SMS and email, but to feel empowered to proceed locally as they see fit.